- Type and specification of Dunlop belt supplied
- Superfort 400/3 4+2 ROS
- Current operating life of Dunlop belt
- 2 years. Belt remains in perfect condition. Additional life of further 2/3 years expected
- Average life of competitor’s belt
- 12 months. First repairs made after 6 months. 3 repairs during the year followed by replacement
Operating conditions for this conveyor include high temperatures (130-140 ºC) and a high oil percentage content in the olive waste of approximately 20%. The conveyor is working 15-16 hours per day. Because of the conflicting demands, resistance to high temperatures AND resistance to oil, the actual selection of the best type of cover was problematical.
It was decided to test the ROS belt. This proved to be a very successful choice. The operating life of the belt has improved dramatically. Other important benefits include reduced maintenance (no repairs needed in the first two years of operation compared to at least 3 repairs made on the Competitor’s belt in 12 months) and no lost production time. The Dunlop belts used have been running for between 5 and 7 years since they were installed.