Superfort EP1000/4 6+3 BVXS
- Type and specification of Dunlop belt supplied
- Superfort EP1000/4 6+3 BVXS. 2200mm wide
- Current operating life of Dunlop belt
- 2 years+. Measured top cover thickness after 2 years was still 6mm as originally supplied. Belt remains in excellent condition. Additional life of several years expected.
- Average life of competitor’s belt
- Average between 6 to 10 months.
Since installing Dunlop BVXS belt two years ago the operating life has improved dramatically while the maintenance costs including the need to re-splice have reduced significantly. The thicker skim of the BVXS assisted with improved load support, which has also contributed to the longer belt life. The previous belt was supplied by a large UK service company. First repairs on the previous belt were made only 3 months after installation.
Location: United Kingdom
Type of material carried: Coal (import terminal)