- Type and specification of Dunlop belt supplied
- Superfort 800/4 6+2 RA stock item 150
- Current operating life of Dunlop belt
- 14 months +
- Average life of competitor’s belt
- 6 months on average – 10 months maximum
Dunlop distributor Vulcanising South West replaced competitors 1000/4 6+2 with a standard stock range Superfort 800/4 6+2 RA 1200mm abrasion resistant belt. The material being carried is 150mm limestone on a relatively short (46m centre distance) critical conveyor in a major quarry. The quarry operators had been experiencing a very short average belt life of only 6 months. After 14 months the belt remains fully functional and is expected to continue running for at least another 6 months. The conveyor maintenance team say that they have never experienced this kind of belt lifetime on applications of this kind before and have already ordered another Superfort 800/4 to hold on stock on site.