- Type and specification of Dunlop belt supplied
- Trioflex TR 500 6+2 RS
- Current operating life of Dunlop belt
- Trioflex 500 6+2 RS had been running successfully for more than seven years
- Average life of competitor’s belt
- Maximum operational life is 3 years
This customer has two primary conveyors. A Dunlop Trioflex 500 6+2 RS had been running successfully for more than seven years. Products/materials being conveyed are glass and culet. Although it was estimated to have another two years of operational life left, it was recently replaced by another Trioflex 500 6+2 RS as part of the company’s routine preventive maintenance policy. An EP 500/3 6+2 abrasion resistant belt supplied by a competitor was fitted to the other primary conveyor two years ago, replacing a Dunlop Trioflex T500 that had been running for seven years. Because of its advanced state of wear, the plant maintenance manager now needs to replace the competitor’s belt with a new Trioflex 500 during the next planned maintenance stop. This means that the Trioflex 500 belt will have provided at least twice the operational lifetime compared to its rival.