- Type and specification of Dunlop belt supplied
- ULTRA X3
- Current operating life of Dunlop belt:
- Three months plus. (Still fully operational)
- Average output of replaced competitor's belt
- Three months. Five months maximum.
The plant management wanted to increase the operational lifetime of their conveyors while at the same time reducing the need for repairs and unaccepta-ble levels of day-to-day maintenance. Dunlop Ultra X3 belts were therefore in-troduced. After three months in operation the management declared them to be a great success. They were very happy by the performance of the belts and highly im-pressed that despite three months of heavy treatment conveying highly abrasive Pozzolanic stone, the Ultra X belts were still in excellent condition (see picture below) compared to how badly cut and worn belts previously supplied by rival manufacturers looked after a similar period of use.