- Type and specification of Dunlop belt supplied
- Stock Item 615 1200mm, endless 13M (WITH SUPERSCREW63A as no space for big press)
- Current operating life of Dunlop belt
- 14 MONTHS+. As can be seen in the attached photos, the main weakness was the need to use a superscrew fastener. A finger splice was not an option due to insufficient space for a big press. The Dunlop solution was to make the belt endless using a "standard hot splice" technique but with only one step. This was first tested it in the DS workshop
- Average life of competitor’s belt
- 4 Months
The belt had to be changed every 4 months, which meant frequently stopping production. Since the change to Dunlop, the working life of belts on this application is 4 times longer. Now the end-user buys only from Dunlop Service, which stocks a wide range of belts and provides a “just in time” service!